okay, since i've received so many nominations, i'm separating them out by school. so far, northwestern is in the lead, but i've received a bunch of nominations from the university of california - santa barbara. with the beautiful weather and the amazing chemistry and materials science department, i hope these women continue to be good examples for all the girls out there who want to join one of the STEM fields. again, these were from nominations that i got in my backlog of emails, so i hope they've moved on to bigger and better things.
university of california - santa barbara
1) miyako hisamoto of the scott group
2) ying-jen wang-lee of the scott group
3) megan grabenauer of the bowers group
4) vanessa homan of the butler group
5) julia vraspir of the butler group
and there we go. we have one postdoc amongst the group. but i do hope that these women become good role models for younger girls. awesome job, ladies!